From July 1st to September 30th, Aomori City’s most popular sightseeing spots are hosting a stamp rally! There are 15 adorable stamps to collect, and what’s more, if you stay at Aomori’s hotels or ryokan you will receive a hand towel made especially to be stamped!
These stamps are representative of Aomori’s history and culture, and whether you stamp them on the towel or in your travel journal, they’re sure to bring back unique memories of your time in Aomori.
Here’s a list of all the places you can find the stamps:
- Aomori City Tourist Information Centre
- Aomori Tourist Information Centre
- Nebuta Museum Wa Rasse
- Aomori City Forestry Museum
- Seikan Ferry Memorial Ship Hakkoda-Maru
- Aomori Prefectural Centre for Tourism (ASPAM)
- Aomori Museum of History
- Sannai-Maruyama Historical Site and Jomon Jiyukan
- Komakino Site Preservation Museum
- Hakkoda Ropeway
- Hakkoda Mountains Incident Museum
- Asamushi Aquarium
- Michi-no-eki Asamushi Onsen, Yu-sa Asamushi
- Michi-no-eki Namioka, Apple Hill
- Namioka Tourist Information Centre APINESS
Of course, the stamps at each of these locations are different, but we won’t spoil the mystery by telling you which stamp is in each place!
Here’s the hand towel which we stamped, to give you an idea of what it’s like.
You can stamp wherever you want, but to receive your free hand towel, simply bring proof of your hotel reservation to Aomori Tourist Information Centre, in front of Aomori station, or to Aomori City Tourist Information Centre in Shin-Aomori Station. We’re excited to see everyone’s finished collections!